Monday, March 17, 2008

Fergie blames childhood for drug addiction

Black Eyed Peas's Fergie has revealed working as a child actor contributed to her drug habit.

Speaking to Marie Claire, the popstar said: "I was a child actor. I was this spaz kid diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), and I worked all the time.

"I got on a TV series, Kids Incorporated; I was like a little adult. And years later, because I would try to people-please, I would hold all these feelings in."

The 32-year-old, whose real name is Stacey Ann Ferguson, said she became addicted to crystal meth: "Then all of a sudden, I just didn't feel creative. And crystal meth came into my life.

"When I had that first hit, I knew I wanted to feel that way every day. I went on a downward spiral. I lost friends and family. Anyone who disagreed with my way of life, I cut them out."

The 'Big Girls Don't Cry' singer recently admitted that she became paranoid and believed in conspiracy theories during her addiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment