Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paula Abdul Decides to Leave 'American Idol'

Paula Abdul Decides to Leave American Idol

Paula Abdul the well known American Idol Star decides to leave the show. Here's the interview with her by TV Guide Magazine.

"I don't think I can answer that right now," she says when asked if more money would get her back at the judges' table. "I stand on principle where many people stand on money. I'm a hard-working artist. I've lasted in this business for 23 years. And you can't do that unless you are good at what you do. I believe in myself and you have to have your own self respect. And sometimes decisions are very difficult to make, but I've always believed that at the core I'm a survivor. There's not one thing I've done that I've really set my mind to that I've failed at."

Abdul goes on to tell the magazine that she stays in touch with Simon Cowell, and that she is going to miss the experience of watching young talent grow on the show; someone like Kris Allen who was a dark horse, but went on to win.

"I feel like I have been such a big, huge part of the success of the show from day one," Abdul says of her time on "American Idol." "I loved being able to be the artist's artist; being there from my point of view of knowing what it feels like to be vulnerable and to be out there wanting to achieve the most magical moment in a minute and 30 seconds. To be able to do that was an amazing experience and the show was wonderful for me in that regard."

Sounds sad for her fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment